Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Lucy has a boyfriend!
So last week after picking up Lucy I was asking how her day at school went. She looked me straight in the eyes and said, "Mom, there is this boy in my class and he is so handsome!" She said it all dreamy-like. It was the cutest thing. So I asked if he was in her class. Yes. Do they play together at recess? Yes. Does she sit next to him in class? Sometimes. What is his name? Oh, I can't remember. (Super disappointed voice) So the next few days followed of her actually talking about him. It is so cute and a little disturbing. Is this REALLY starting already? She has since remembered that his name is Keegan. On Friday when I dropped her off at school I told her I wanted to see who this boy is. So when I picked her up that day she climbed into the car and whispered, "I was sitting next to him!" (the kids sit on the grass to wait to be picked up) She was right, he is a cutie! Today when we got home from school Lucy informed me that he is now her boyfriend. I asked how that came to be. She said because he wanted her to be his girlfriend and she wanted him to be her boyfriend. Yep. I guess that's how those things work. So we had a good, fun boyfriend talk where I actually had to bring up the no kissing rule. Why am I having the no kissing talk with my 5 year old???? Anyway, she is one smitten little girl. Jordan is going to have to meet with this kid to see what his intentions with our daughter are. The way she tells it, his intention is to marry her. Adorable. Here is a picture of the two lovebirds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







10 comments:
Oh my goodness. It begins. Sorry Jordan!!
welcome to mommy-hood at its fullest. my son informed me today that he has a crush on a girl and really likes her...he had the no kissing talk when he was 3!! ha! just be there for the disappointments and all will be ok :)
love it! i can't wait to meet this boy! so cute!
I love it!!
Ok it's me Carrilyne not Jared... BUt some how I am logged in as Jared Weird!!
Oh no! Not yet! I'm in denial a little I think because Abby talks about her little friend Ray from her class ALL THE TIME! No lovebird pictures yet, thank goodness. :)
uh oh, what will i tell gavin?!?! :)
Oh first loves, I hope he's not a heart breaker or he'll have to answer to my fist.
LOL! Marci's comment was hilarious. That is so cute. Lucy has always been such a fun little girl, but she is not so little anymore! She is growing up probably faster than you'd like :0). We have a blog now if ya wanna stop by!
scrobins.blogspot.com
That is adorable!! I teach 2nd grade this year and have a few that try to hold hands at the carpet...talk about too young..goodness!
Post a Comment