CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Only in Idaho...or Ireland

On Friday the kids declared it 'go to work with daddy' day. Lucy had school, so Josiah took the morning shift. After picking Lucy up from school we headed off to Daddy's office. But we were stopped for a short and entertaining break. You see, just ahead of us was a gigantic group of sheep being herded down the road. In the middle of the road. I can honestly say I love that part of living here. No one was honking to get them to hurry up or get out of the way. I didn't see anyone pull a weapon from road (or sheep) rage. In fact, even after they were out of the (very main) highway, it seemed to slow us all down. We took a deep breath to remember that we don't have to be in a hurry all our life. We were reminded to stop and watch the sheep go by.

4 comments:

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

I've told Pat several times that I think we should move to Ireland and be sheep farmers. :) We have chickens around the corner from us who just hang out in the road or dart in front of the car. I think they have a death wish. haha!

You are right about not always being in a hurry...the kids love to see the cows that are around the corner from the chickens. Can you tell I live in AL?

I hope you guys are doing well! Sorry I haven't made it over here lately. I'm a "follower" now!

Carrilyne said...

Love the thought! That would be nice I think... Just to take a break from our busy lives and just enjoy the time passing! (oh and I am glad you like my playlist! Its my cleaning music! It has a lot of music from our younger days!! I just added some new songs this morning, too!)

Dimick's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dimick's said...

Wow, I would have totally driven over one of those sheep, way to have major patience. I bet you didn't see much of that in Cali :)

Pictures of Us