CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Short Strides

While running the other night I realized the reason I am such a slow runner is because I take short strides. I'm not really in good enough shape to change that very dramatically right now, but I'm working on it. Which got me thinking...I'm slow at cleaning my house too. And I'm slow at getting out the door, and at getting ready in the morning, and at teaching my kids, and at preparing lessons, and at preparing meals, and at just about everything else I can think of that I do in a day. So, maybe I'm just a short strides kind of girl. I don't think it is something to be ashamed of. Not something to celebrate. Just something to realize that that is who I am. While I know I should always strive to do a little better, I am glad to know that I can be me, short strides and all.

6 comments:

Stephanie Ewell said...

...we have SO much in common...what matters the most is to always do our best- whatever stride that may be:) LOVE U!

Robins Fam said...

aahh, Stephanie! I miss you so much!

The Prices said...

I'm crazy, manic stride lady....guess I'll embrace it.

p.s. It might be dangerous for us to run together :)

Robins Fam said...

rach - hahaha! we won't run together then...

Jenny Ramsey said...

karen, you are just absolutely wonderful the way you are. i miss you sooooooooooo much!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

I'm right there with you. I think it's awesome that you've taken up running. I need to do something like that.

And may I say, how much I love this new blog layout? I'm going to have to look at LeeLou blogs. :)

Pictures of Us