Thursday, April 15, 2010
Green Smoothie Update
I just can't handle the idea of the green smoothie girl getting a bad name among the 5 people who read my blog, so I would like to put out a new post. She really has something great going here. Tonight we made a smoothie that is more like troll poop than the original ogre buggers we made last time. While both these names don't sound appealing at all, those are what we came up for the kids sake. This time we added mixed berries, and it tasted WAY better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
OK, I'm not going to lie...that looks absolutely disgusting, but I would drink it. I LOVE heathly anything/everything. And usually, for the most part, heathly isn't pretty :0).
Okay, that seriously looks nasty, but maybe I'll give it a try.
I guess I didn't really think about how nasty it looks. Because honestly it is good. Here is the recipe (or you can go to greensmoothiegirl.com and watch the video on page 3)
1 1/4 cups water
10 oz (one bag) of fresh spinach
blend these up until smooth
1 - 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
make sure it's not just frozen strawberries, because you can't taste it at all, then you just get a spinach smoothie
1 banana
a bit of agave if you want
blend it all together and enjoy. it makes enough for about 3 or 4 good cups
Also, I used 2 collard green leaves in the one pictured, and couldn't taste it. I like that you can add totally random veggies that you would never in a million years actually eat. yummy. go to the website...tons of great info!
karen....for real?
Karen, you are so sweet. And no worries that you couldn't make it. You should have seen me through the ceremony. I was so ancy to leave I almost did at one point. They really aren't the funnest things to sit through ;0). Thank you for the email too, I'm excited to try this smoothie!!
Much love,
Carrol
Um...I have to say that one actually looks worse than the first one. haha :) Although I'm sure the berries definitely made a difference. Looks like Josiah liked it! (Love those dimples.) I'll have to check out that site.
I will NEVER check out that site! YUCK! People are not supposed to eat things that are that color! That is why they are that color, so we won't eat it!!! I am laughing so hard right now! I just love making fun of all your healthiness!!
Post a Comment