CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 1, 2010

I did it!!

Today I completed my first 5k ever! It was wonderful, and freezing, and windy. But I was all warmed up by the end of the 3.1 miles. I didn't have a time goal in mind, this being my first. I just wanted to complete the whole thing, and not stop running. That actually wasn't a problem at all, YEAH! The problem, though, was the HUGE hill in the last part of the race. Maybe it wasn't that huge, but it sure felt/looked like it at the time. But I think it really was huge. I'm sure of it. But I made it through and came in at 31:24. Not too good, not too bad. I'll take it. Can't wait for the next one!

Being silly before the race.

Lucky number 54?
Getting ready to go!
Look at that form!

***I totally forgot the VERY BEST part about this run.
The name of it is.....
THE DAM 5k!!
The shirts they gave said "I finished the Dam race!"
I just love that my first 5k was called the Dam 5k.
Very appropriate.

7 comments:

Carrilyne said...

Karen you look hot! Those yellow pants are so awesome I want some!! I am so proud of you! And your time is awesome!!

Eric Brie Tayli and Dre said...

I wish i could have been there to cheer you on! i am so proud of you...i would not have been able to finish especially since there was a hill!!

Eric Brie Tayli and Dre said...

I wish i could have been there to cheer you on! i am so proud of you...i would not have been able to finish especially since there was a hill!!

Jenny Ramsey said...

i love you! i'm so proud of you and wish i could have been there to witness your running debut!!!

The Prices said...

Great job on finishing that Dam race!

Robnz Fam said...

Nice Job! Was that at Walcott Park? If so, I know the hill you are talking about...

So proud of you! When is your next one ;0).

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

You go girl!!! That is awesome. I think I would fall over dead if I even attempted it. I'm impressed!

Love the t-shirt saying. haha!

Pictures of Us