CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Running woes

Just 5 days before my BIG race...ok, it's only a 5k, but it's BIG to me because it's going to be my FIRST RACE EVER! Anyway, just 5 days before (this would be just 2 days ago, Monday) I was working in the yard, in flip flops, and totally took a chunk out of my heel with the wheel barrow! NOOOOOO! I'm not being wimpy here, but it really hurt. I was planning on running Monday night but decided that my injury was just too great to even attempt running on. So last night I decided to go on a short run so I don't forget how to do it by Saturday. I put on a band aid, my running shoes, and limped out the door. Walking was KILLING me. How was I going to make it? But, I toughed it out and started running. And you know what? I couldn't feel a thing! It is a running miracle! Of course, I still kept it a short mile and a half run because, you know, I didn't want to push my luck, but it was a fantastic run! Now I know that I am ready. Injured and all, I'm doing this race. I can't wait!!

5 comments:

The Prices said...

good luck! wish i could still run...dumb heart issues!

Carrilyne said...

Karen you rock!! Put lots of bandaids over it! I can't wait to hear how you do!!

Carrilyne said...

Karen you rock!! Put lots of bandaids over it! I can't wait to hear how you do!!

Eric Brie Tayli and Dre said...

get that mole skin stuff that would probably work...wish i could be there to cheer you on....i'll be thinking of you tho...!!! You're gonna do GREAT!!!

Robnz Fam said...

Ouch! SO sorry to hear that. You tough cookie though. I'd give up ;0). So we need to run one of these together sometime...maybe in like 7 years when we live closer again! Hope you do well, those 5k's are so addicting.

Pictures of Us