Then we headed to Detroit Lake in Oregon. That was BEAUTIFUL! We walked down to the lake from our campsite, where the kids threw rocks at the ducks and went swimming...fully clothed.
We have never actually camped before, so this was a trip full of firsts. (We have tried in the back yard multiple times, but have never made it all the way through the night...the nice warm house is just too much of a temptation!)
So, at the site we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire, then told ghost stories.
So, at the site we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire, then told ghost stories.
The next day we were off to the Oregon Coast. Oh, how I love the beach! Even though the water was quite frigid, Jordan, Lucy and Josiah got their swimsuits on and went for it! I was in up to my knees, while Mahri slept peacefully through the excitement.







8 comments:
You look fantastic! Lucy is getting so big.
i love the pics of Lucy, she sure does have quite the personality! looks like tons of fun, i'm glad you guys got to go!!
my vacations are always to visit family too, so when you get one with just you guys it is the best! looks so fun.
So glad it was a success! Looks like the kids had a blast!
That looks like soo much fun!! Lucy is quite the charatcter! Josiah is adorable and what I can tell Mahri is getting big, but that is only from what I can see of her ticking out of your wrap! You on the other hand are shrinking!! Hot Mama! I love Jordan's ears!! I pretty much just love you all!!
Oh yeah... I don't know if you are taking any suggestions but when you upload your pics upload can you change the to the LARGEST!!! I want to see your kids cute faces with out squinting 4 inchies away from my screen!! :o) LOL!
ok sorry that post made no sense!! Just make your pics bigger!
I love summer and vacation!!! I can't believe it's already August though. Looks like you guys had a blast! OREGON??? You guys were SOOO close to us...maybe next time you can drive a little farther to meet up:) I'm glad everyone were troopers!
Em
Post a Comment